Pre-Plan Your Funeral FAQs
What is pre planning funeral?
Funeral pre-planning can ease the financial load on surviving relatives while also protecting your family from having to make difficult decisions during an emotional moment.
Why pre plan your funeral?
This same satisfaction that comes from knowing that your ideas have been communicated and that all of the details have been taken care of. The peace of mind that comes with knowing that your families will not have to make funeral arrangements during their tough time of bereavement.
Why everyone should plan their own funeral?
You and your family can have peace of mind by planning your own funeral or memorial service. In addition, by allowing your family know how you want your funeral or memorial ceremony to go, they’ll have fewer difficult and hard decisions to make during an already tough emotional period.
Is it weird to plan your own funeral?
You and your family can get peace of mind by planning your own funeral or memorial service. In addition, by informing your family know how you want your funeral or memorial ceremony to be, they’ll have fewer difficult and hard choices to make during an already tough emotional period.
Dive deeper into the importance of preplanning
Prepare for the Unexpected Most of us plan for the possible, the potential misfortunes of life that seldom actually happen. Why not gain some peace of mind by making a strategic plan for the inevitable? The practice of prearranging or final arrangement planning is becoming increasingly popular. Last year alone, more than one million people planned and funded their funeral plans ahead of time. As a step in organizing your affairs, it can be just as critical as drafting a will.
There are many reasons to preplan and prefund your funeral…. Here are the top ones:
1. Peace of Mind – By making your final arrangement planning in advance, it will remove the emotional and financial burden so family members won’t have to wonder, “Did we do the right thing?” Wouldn’t it be nice to know this is taken care of today, before the need arises, and with the support of those you love?
2. Financial Security – Often individuals provide for final expenses using their saving or by relying on friends and relatives for financial assistance. Prefunding eliminates the stress associated with your funeral payment – Do you really want to leave your loved ones with an unexpected financial burden? Planning in advance and outlining your funeral plans allows you and your family to know exactly what the costs will be.
3. Payment Options – Different plans allow you to decide what is right for your budget as you are aware of your final expenses. You can set aside funds in periodic payments or chose to pay all at once. Most people choose to fund through either an insurance plan or trust, each providing different advantages.
4. Personalized Celebration – Personalizing based on how you would like your life celebrated and how you want to be remembered. Have you always loved tulips, but you always receive roses from your family?
5. Organize Important Data – Are you the organizer in your family? …… Do you have a single place to keep all that really important information? Not just funeral and cemetery information but family and friends, medical information, financial information, insurance policies and of course your wishes, thoughts and your personal service plans—e.g. burial or cremation.
6. Family Harmony – Having a strategic plan in place will eliminate the need for your family to determine who is responsible for, or capable of, paying for your services – saving them from potential disagreements. Planning ahead or advanced planning can also save you hundreds if not thousands of dollars.
7. Exemption of Assets – Insured prearrangement funds set aside to pay for funeral costs can be set up to be exempt from consideration of assets in the event you need to qualify for public assistance. With the vast majority of medical expenses being incurred in the last 5 years of life, having a funded plan in place will allow you to protect your net assets.
8. It’s Transferable – Don’t know for sure you are going to be living where you are living now forever? If you should move, your insurance coverage is transferable, allowing you to move the coverage as need during your lifetime and keep your coverage.
9. Simple Underwriting – No medical exams are required. Everyone qualifies. And, based on your answers to a few simple health questions, you could receive first-day coverage of the entire face amount.
10. No Income Tax Liability on Policy Growth!
It’s up to you—- Are any of these reasons strong enough to convince you to learn more? We’ve guided many families through the funeral planning process and we’ve seen the uncertainty and stress that can occur when the planning is left to your family at the time of death. You can make the process easier by addressing it in advance. Planning ahead is simple and is the right thing to do to help ease the way for your loved ones.
Now it’s your turn — Take a step today to learn more about this important part of end of life planning by speaking with our pre-planning specialist, Jessica Ellis. We have the experience and tools to allow you to make the choices you want and meet your budget. Request a pre-planning consultation with Alpine Funeral Home Or call to schedule an appointment at (817) 834-4116.
(Also visit www.prepaidfunerals.tex.gov – for more information about pre-funeral insurance policies provided by the state of Texas)